Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Roses are red, pink and white too

I'm getting lots of queries on if they can contribute recipes for flower power Jihva with cauliflower as the main ingredient. Yes, technically cauliflower is part of a flower and I guess I will not refuse an entry with cauliflower. Also broccoli, kale and kohlrabis are technically parts of a flower.

However, I would prefer and also will except decorations and garnishes that look like a flower, like these marzipan roses I made for a friend on her birthday a while back.
I added a drop of red food colour in white marzipan and cut out uneven strips, then rolled the strips to make these beautiful roses (white and pink). I painted some of the tips with the food color to make pink roses with dark pink edges!

13 comments:

Sonu said...

Wow...wow...nice decoration.
Sonu:)

bee said...

marzipan is tastyyy and these roses are prettyyyyy ...

musical said...

Lovely cake!! And love the decoration even more!!

Your friend must have been really delighted!

How have you been doing?

hugs,
musical.

bhagyashri said...

Rose is my favourite flower and yours look great besides being tasty ofcourse!
The cake looks delicious as well!

Dee said...

Marzipan is so good to taste !!! the roses look so lovely. I once had a rose petal jam.. i couldnt get enough of it.

Priyanka said...

Rachna thats an amazing decoration......your friend must have been very happy....quite a unique choicefor JFI.

Cynthia said...

I prefer pink roses to red roses.

Kumudha said...

Beautiful roses!

Vibaas said...

your roses are very pretty

Vibaas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kitchen Flavours said...

Beautiful roses yummy too

Sash said...

rachna ...wat a beautiful cake.
I can't believe u made those roses....!!

Sash said...

rachna ...wat a beautiful cake.
I can't believe u made those roses....!!