Thursday, April 23, 2009

Chambaka for click

The good thing about blogging is that you write whenever you want and pick up from whereever you left off. Over the past few months, something or the other has kept me from penning anything down, even though I have been eagerly following all my favourite blogs. My job got busier, went to India on a vacation, attended brother's wedding which was awesome, got busy again with work; then the dark clouds of job lay-offs hovered above our heads, but now the clouds are beginning to thin out and I see the sun coming out; analogous to how spring is finally here after a harsh cold winter.

And to celebrate spring, this month jugalbandi's lovely click event's theme is 'spring'. I am sending the following picture of a bunch of rose apple called "Jambaka/Chambaka" in malayalam. Its a crunchy, slightly sour fruit. My mother-in-law first introduced them to me as pickle and I could not guess what they were (since I had never had them before). Nevertheless, the pickle was yummy and I was having them with every meal. Later she took me to her sister's (Renu Elema) house to show me how the fruit actually looks. My mother in law is herself an ardent gardner and I'm showcasing shots I took from her garden on my recent trip to India. Enjoy!

Im also trying out this new look with my blog so hang in there, if it looks weird, know that I'm fixing it up!!

7 comments:

Rahin said...

hey rachna , love the new look, gud luck

Asha said...

WOW!! Love the pics, so beautiful. We call it Champaka in Kannada, love the aroma. Great post, very springy! :)

Rachna said...

Rahin, thank you!

Asha, really? wow, thank you dear!

bee said...

whoa!!! look at this gorgeous site. love all the pics and adore that fruit. thank you, dear rachna.

musical said...

Words like "gorgeous", "beautiful" etc can't do enogh justice to this surprise! The pictures and the new site design is great!

Hugs,
musical.

Rajesh &Shankari said...

I have tasted that fruit once I think...

Lovely pics

Socio said...

Nice to read your blog and the information is very impressive. I visited this Karwa chauth gifting site, it has also very unique gifts for karwa chauth.
http://karwachauth.indiangiftsportal.com/